Definitive Guide: Utilization For Digital Agencies
Utilization is the key to overall organizational profitability and productivity. Learn how to track, define, and calculate utilization.
By understanding utilization, you can expect to:
- Easily measure and track business-critical metrics
- Drive sustained gross profit growth
- Effectively communicate to your organization
- Evolve your business operation strategies
Avoid Common Utilization Pitfalls
You Might Also Like:
- Modern Work is Changing: Parallax’s Takeaways on Billing the Creative Process, Timesheets, and “Hustle Culture”One of the main reasons agencies and development studios struggle to break the cycle of too much or too little work is because they haven’t considered how poor resource planning leads to confusion, stress, and burnout. Without mastering forecasting basics, this cycle will continue.
- Hustle Culture is CanceledRetaining your best people has never been more important. By replacing hustle culture with mission culture, leaders can evolve away from dysfunction.
- The Importance of Decoupling Resource and Project ManagementDon’t burn out your project managers! In place of task-based project planning, digital services companies should implement a duration-based approach. This is when a certain percentage of each role or a person’s time is allotted to client projects. Why? It will help agencies avoid burning out their vital project managers and scale the business.